Web Developer - Apply Now
Who We Are
Random42 is a medical animation studio located in the heart of Marylebone, London. Our team of scientists, artists, animators and programmers collaborate to effortlessly intertwine the worlds of science, art and technology, producing some of the most impactful scientific imagery, stories and interactive experiences.
About The Job
Random42 is looking for an enthusiastic web developer with a solid understanding of web technologies and programming fundamentals to join our team and help us build interactive websites and web-based applications.
Ideally, you’d possess a strong personal initiative and a genuine interest towards the field and keeping up to date with new technologies
- Using dependencies bundlers such as Vite
- Being able to write and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code
- Knowledge of Git version control
Great to have
- Knowledge/experience with Three.js, or eagerness to learn
- Experience with React / JSX / NextJS, or eagerness to learn
- SASS or other styling pre-processors
- Cross-platform development using Capacitor / Electron / Cordova
- GLSL shading language and shaders development for WebGL
- 2D graphics libraries such as Pixi, D3
- 25 days holiday + Bank holidays per annum
- Company pension scheme
- A competitive annual bonus scheme
- Calm Premium Membership
- Medicash health benefit
- WeCare Digital Health & Wellbeing Service – provides online GP appointments, health & fitness advice and 2nd medical opinions for diagnosed conditions.
- Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 days charity leave per year
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
We pride ourselves on developing our teams and promoting internally, which means excellent scope for career progression. In addition, we also offer the following:
- Supportive working environment
- Excellent scope for progression
- Newly refurbished, centrally located office with roof terrace
- Bike park & on-site shower
- Employee referral scheme (£1000 if you refer someone who joins the team – payable after they have been here three months)
- Breakfast and refreshments in the office
- Hybrid working (2 days per week from home upon successful completion of probation period)
- Portfolio and any project/sample code that you are proud of
If you feel you have the skills and qualities we are looking for please apply now by sending your CV to [email protected], please include the job title in the subject line.
We would ideally like to reply to everyone individually; however, this isn’t possible due to the volume of applications we receive. We will, therefore, focus on successful candidates.
If your application is not successful in this instance, but you would like us to retain your CV and contact you if a position more suited to your skills and experience arises, please include this in your covering email.