Account ExecutiveApply Now
We are seeking a talented full-time Account Executive to join the Sales team to support business development and account management. This role will report to the Account Manager within the team.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail, strong initiative, and the ability to assimilate knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing and medical communications.
We work with the world’s leading healthcare and pharmaceutical companies, so a passion for science and a strong academic background is preferred. Strength in communication for direct customer relationships is also preferred.
Purpose of an Account Executive
At Random42 we provide opportunities for our Account Executives to gain insight into the commercial side of the pharmaceutical industry. As an Account Executive, you will be able to identify new business opportunities with prospective and existing clients. Addressing the relevant markets and individuals to target and subsequently preparing competitive pitch material & proposals to our clients.
We provide training and resources to execute the sales strategy and manage customer relationships. Account Executives at Random42 are also responsible for reporting and communicating with the wider team on current metrics surrounding targets and performance. Overall an Account Executive has a vital role within the team to support the delivery of our business objectives.
Responsibilities of an Account Executive
Provide day-to-day support to the Sales & Marketing team, specialising in accounts for the Biotech industry.
Lead generation process:
- Understand the market, our business (including products) and our customer proposition
- Carry out daily market research and distribute to the team in the form of a news report
- Execute search strategy using LinkedIn to identify new contacts/key stakeholders for small pharma and investor biotechs
- Management of key databases and initiatives (CRM Salesforce and GoogleDocs)
- Qualify and then convert leads for potential future projects
- Contacting potential new clients
- Prepare small proposals for new and existing clients
- Setting up and joining capabilities calls and pitches
Client and market data:
- Develop and maintain R&D pipelines for current clients and targets.
- Maintain Salesforce data on prospect and customer lists
- Take initiative in updating team members on changes in market/clients
Essential skills or qualifications
Previous experience is not required, as training will be provided on the job. However, candidates must have a life sciences BSc and/or MSc preferred with an interest in science, as well as a strong desire to develop their career in business development, account handling and with a commercially driven mindset
Desirable skills or qualifications
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong and confident communicator both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable with all Microsoft offerings
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- Ability to be solutions driven
- Showing willingness and pro-activity to drive new business
We pride ourselves on developing our teams and promoting internally, which means excellent scope for career progression. In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Hybrid working (2 days per week from home upon successful completion of probation period)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays per annum
- Company pension scheme
- Calm Premium membership
- WeCare Digital Health & Wellbeing service
- Medicash health benefit & EAP service
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bike Park & on-site shower
- Centrally located office with roof terrace
- Free breakfast and fruit provided in the office
- Summer/Christmas parties and regular socials
- Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 days of charity leave per year
- Employee referral scheme (£1000 if you refer someone who joins the team – payable after they have been here 3 months)
Our standard working hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 – 18:00 (35 hours per week plus one-hour unpaid lunch break per day). Unless otherwise specified, these will be the contracted hours for the role.
Responding to applications
We would ideally like to reply to everyone individually, however, due to the volume of applications we receive this isn’t possible. We will, therefore, focus on successful candidates.
If your application is not successful in this instance, but you would like us to retain your CV and contact you if a position more suited to your skills and experience arises within the next 6 months, please include this in your covering email.
Conditions of employment
Please note that any offer of employment with Random42 will be subject to the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the skills and qualities we are looking for, please apply now by sending your CV to [email protected], please include the job title in the subject line.Apply Now