Senior Account ExecutiveApply Now
We are seeking a talented full-time Senior Account Executive to join the Sales team to support with business development and account management. This role will report to the Account Manager within the team.
About the role
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational skills, meticulous attention to detail, strong initiative, and the ability to assimilate knowledge of pharmaceutical marketing and medical communications.
We work with the world’s leading healthcare and pharmaceutical companies, so a passion for science and a strong academic background is preferred. Strength in communication for direct customer relationships is also preferred.
Purpose of a Senior Account Executive
A SAE will assist with the day-to-day communications and smooth running of this department, which is specifically dedicated to all business with our small pharma and investor biotech clients. They will target and acquire new projects with bitoech clients, utilising knowledge from past work, as well as biotech trends/news.
Account Managers will additionally focus on maintaining current relationships with key clients. They are the main point of contact for their clients. Overall a SAE has a crucial role within the team to drive project wins and identify business opportunities through the expansion of new and existing client relationships.
Responsibilities of a Senior Account Executive
Provide day-to-day support to the Sales & Marketing team, specialising in accounts for Biotech industry.
Lead generation process:
- Understand the market, our business (including products) and our customer proposition
- Research, identify and qualify leads that fit our ideal customer profile
- Qualify and then convert leads for potential future projects
- Understands knowledge of client strategy and product needs
- Regular touchpoints with their clients
- Contacting existing customers for potential projects
- Proposal development for potential new projects
- Independently handles RFI/RFP presentation preparation with help from AM/SAM to refine
- Confidently presents capabilities presentation to new and existing clients on a regular basis
- Negotiating project terms with the assistance of senior team members
Client and market data:
- Proactively responds to campaign & medical marketing news without being prompted
- Maintain Salesforce data on prospect and customer lists
- Take initiative in updating team members on changes in market/clients
Essential skills or qualifications
- Candidates must have a life sciences BSc and/or MSc with a desire to develop their careers in medical communications
- Demonstrable experience in other relevant roles at AE or SAE level or experience within the pharmaceutical industry in a client-facing role
- Strong desire to develop their career in business development and account handling, with a commercially driven mindset
- Strong communicator both written and verbally
- Comfortable with presenting over Teams and in person
- Effective time management and organisational skills
- A high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Comfortable with all Microsoft offerings
Desirable skills or qualifications
- Previous experience with a CRM platform i.e. Salesforce
- Previous experience using InDesign and/or PowerPoint to make presentations
- An interest and/or experience in B2B sales & marketing
- Ability to be solution driven
We pride ourselves on developing our teams and promoting internally, which means excellent scope for career progression. In addition, we offer the following benefits and perks:
- Hybrid working (2 days per week from home upon successful completion of probation period)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays per annum
- Company pension scheme
- Calm Premium membership
- WeCare Digital Health & Wellbeing service
- Medicash health benefit & EAP service
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Bike Park & on-site shower
- Centrally located office with roof terrace
- Free breakfast and fruit provided in the office
- Summer/Christmas parties and regular socials
- Season ticket loan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 days of charity leave per year
- Employee referral scheme (£1000 if you refer someone who joins the team – payable after they have been here 3 months)
Our standard working hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 – 18:00 (35 hours per week plus one-hour unpaid lunch break per day). Unless otherwise specified, these will be the contracted hours for the role.
Responding to applications
We would ideally like to reply to everyone individually, however, due to the volume of applications we receive this isn’t possible. We will, therefore, focus on successful candidates.
If your application is not successful in this instance, but you would like us to retain your CV and contact you if a position more suited to your skills and experience arises within the next 6 months, please include this in your covering email.
Conditions of employment
Please note that any offer of employment with Random42 will be subject to the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the skills and qualities we are looking for, please apply now by sending your CV to [email protected], please include the job title in the subject line.Apply Now