Account Manager (Partnerships)
We are seeking a talented Account Manager to join the Sales & Marketing team.
This role will report to the Business Development Director.
Purpose of an Account Manager
The Account Manager will lead the day-to-day communication and smooth running of this department, which is specifically dedicated to all business with our Agency of Record (AoR) partners. The AoR will collaborate with key pharmaceutical companies as the end client.
They will target and acquire new projects with AoR partners, providing appropriate communication and updates on any developments, to the direct-to-client internal teams.
Responsibilities of an Account Manager
- Understands the market, our business, products, and our customer proposition
- Researches, identifies, and qualifies leads and contacts that fit our customer profile
- Sets up meetings with prospective clients for future opportunities
- Drives growth for the agency and partnerships team by identifying new business opportunities
- Supports the BD with the targeted strategy for the financial year
- Creates proposals and collates relevant materials for new opportunities i.e., mood boards, past work, case study examples
- Builds and maintains relationships with existing AoR partners for potential projects
- Independently manages RFI/RFP presentation preparation
- Confidently presents capabilities presentation to new and existing clients on a regular basis
- Provides support on kick-off and existing project calls
- Negotiates project terms and conditions with the help of senior team members
- Proactively responds to campaign & medical marketing news
- Maintains account mapping by brand/product
- Effectively communicates sideways and upwards to relevant team members and other departments where necessary
- Assesses the wider sales & marketing strategy with help of the AD
- Acts as a mentor/line manager for AE/SAE where necessary
Essential Skills or Qualifications
- Candidates must have a life sciences BSc and/or MSc with a desire to develop their careers in medical communications
- Demonstratable new business experience in a relevant science-focused business setting, or experience at another medical communications agency at SAE or AM level
- Strong communicator both written and verbally
- Has excellent organizational and time management skills and can manage workload effectively
- A high standard of accuracy and diligence
- Proficient at Microsoft Suite
Desirable Skills or Qualifications
- Is comfortable with presenting over Teams and in person
- Earlier experience with a CRM platform i.e., Salesforce
- Earlier experience using InDesign and/or PowerPoint to make presentations
- An interest in B2B sales & marketing
Random42 Benefits & Perks
- Hybrid Working (2 days per week from home after successful completion of probation period)
- 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays
- Company pension
- Annual bonus scheme
- Calm Premium Membership
- WeCare Digital Health & Wellbeing Service
- Medicash health benefit & EAP service
- Life insurance (4x salary)
- Cycle scheme
- Indoor cycle park
- Centrally located office with roof terrace
- Free breakfast and fruit in the office
- Summer / Christmas parties and regular socials
- Employee Referral Scheme (£1,000 if you refer someone who joins the team – payable after they have been here three months)
Our standard working hours are Monday – Friday 10:00 – 18:00 (35 hours per week plus one-hour unpaid lunch break per day). Unless otherwise specified, these will be the contracted hours for the role.
Responding to Applications
We would ideally like to reply to everyone individually, however, due to the volume of applications we receive this isn’t possible. We will, therefore, focus on successful candidates.
If your application is not successful in this instance, but you would like us to retain your CV and contact you if a position more suited to your skills and experience arises within the next 6 months, please include this in your covering email.
Conditions of Employment
Please note that any offer of employment with Random42 will be subject to the right to work in the UK.
If you feel you have the skills and qualities we are looking for, please apply now by sending your CV to [email protected]